A new lesson from the Fighting With Food project guides middle and high school students through the chemistry of how metals get into water, the toxicity of lead, and how nutrition can help combat the health effects of lead exposure.
Complete Sixth Grade
Publix Super Markets, Inc. has joined efforts with FPES (Florida Press Educational Services) to bring this program to sixth grade students. This FREE NIE Program will show your sixth grade students how to become responsible members of the planet, and to respect all of the resources that it has to offer.
►Flip Chart for Interactive White Boards
Note: Only classrooms with white boards will be able to run this file.
Lesson plans for use with the e-Edition on Interactive White Boards
Included are basic lessons for an Elementary, Middle and Secondary classroom that can be utilized to introduce Language Arts and Social Studies activities.
►Middle School Social Studies Lesson Plan
►Middle and High School Language Arts Lesson Plan
►High School Social Studies Lesson Plan
►Elementary Social Studies Lesson Plan
►Elementary and Middle School Language Arts Lesson Plan
Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The place set for the end of a journey, or to which something is sent; place or point aimed at.
2. The fervor or tireless devotion for a person, cause, or ideal and determination in its furtherance; diligent enthusiasm; powerful interest.
3. To sink or fall to the bottom; to settle
4. An attempt to deceive someone into believing that one can or will do something.
5. To overpower; to subdue; to put down.