Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Having an unvarying tone or pitch
2. To send someone away and forbid that person from returning.
3. To notice or view, especially carefully or with attention to detail.
4. The smaller number or part, esp. a number that is less than half the whole number
5. Doubt, apprehension, a feeling of dread
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides