Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Deduce or conclude (information) from evidence and reasoning rather than from explicit statements
2. To attempt to stop the progression of.
3. A piece of written, printed, or electronic matter that provides information or evidence or that serves as an official record.
4. A long flat-topped fixture in a store or bank across which business is conducted with customers.
5. The person, place or thing from which something (information, goods, etc.) comes or is acquired.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides