Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To bump into or brush against while in motion.
2. To bring down the size, quantity, value or intensity of something; to diminish, to lower, to impair.
3. To sink or fall to the bottom; to settle
4. To run away with quick light steps, to scamper.
5. Having an unvarying tone or pitch
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides