Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A gift or payment to a common fund or collection.
2. To make clear; to free from obscurities; to brighten or illuminate.
3. Representation of a concept through symbols or underlying meanings of objects or qualities.
4. Quick and neat in action; skillful.
5. Sly; crafty; clever in surreptitious behaviour.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides