Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To sink or fall to the bottom; to settle
2. Sly; crafty; clever in surreptitious behaviour.
3. A measurement one can compare to.
4. The energy and strength for continuing to do something over a long period of time ; power of sustained exertion, or resistance to hardship, illness etc.
5. Exceptional, conspicuous, outstanding, most usually in a negative fashion.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides