Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Salty or slightly salty, as a mixture of fresh and sea water, such as that found in estuaries
2. To make sure or certain of something (usually some future event or condition).
3. A pleasant smell or odour.
4. To notice or view, especially carefully or with attention to detail.
5. The force or energy of a collision of two objects.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides