Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A thing that is granted, esp. in response to demands.
2. A form of acrobatic display which involves the dramatic bending and flexing of the human body.
3. Exceptional, conspicuous, outstanding, most usually in a negative fashion.
4. Something small enough to escape casual notice.
5. Facts or observations presented in support of an assertion.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides