Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Salty or slightly salty, as a mixture of fresh and sea water, such as that found in estuaries
2. The place set for the end of a journey, or to which something is sent; place or point aimed at.
3. A gift or payment to a common fund or collection.
4. To relate a story or series of events by speech or writing.
5. To send someone away and forbid that person from returning.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides