Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. An inadequate amount of something; a shortage
2. Scattered fragments, typically of something wrecked or destroyed
3. The act of exasperating or the state of being exasperated; irritation; keen or bitter anger.
4. A piece of written, printed, or electronic matter that provides information or evidence or that serves as an official record.
5. Salty or slightly salty, as a mixture of fresh and sea water, such as that found in estuaries
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides