Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The extent to which something matters; importance
2. A state of confused and noisy disturbance
3. Open resistance; bold disobedience.
4. Assuming power or authority without justification; arrogant and domineering
5. The power to affect, control or manipulate something or someone; the ability to change the development of fluctuating things such as conduct, thoughts or decisions.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides