Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The dividing line or location between two areas.
2. The state of being serene; calmness; peacefulness.
3. Something small enough to escape casual notice.
4. The act of exasperating or the state of being exasperated; irritation; keen or bitter anger.
5. Something that impedes, stands in the way of, or holds up progress
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level