Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. An individual step, or stage, in any process or scale of values.
2. Disappointingly inadequate; gloomy and bleak.
3. To cause to float easily or gently through the air
4. A relationship of resemblance or equivalence between two situations, people, or objects,
5. To relate a story or series of events by speech or writing.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level