Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The smaller number or part, esp. a number that is less than half the whole number
2. Exceptional, conspicuous, outstanding, most usually in a negative fashion.
3. To drive away by scattering, or so to cause to vanish.
4. The power to affect, control or manipulate something or someone; the ability to change the development of fluctuating things such as conduct, thoughts or decisions.
5. To identify by or divide into classes; to categorize.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level