Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Cheerfully confident; optimistic.
2. A person unduly fearful or contemptuous of that which is foreign, especially of strangers or foreign peoples.
3. Having a harmful effect; injurious.
4. A set of assumptions, concepts, values, and practices that constitutes a way of viewing reality
5. To renounce under oath; forswear.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level