Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Of or relating to a holding of something in trust for another.
2. The iron-containing respiratory pigment in red blood cells of vertebrates.
3. A plane curve formed by the intersection of a right circular cone and a plane parallel to an element of the cone.
4. To impress (something) upon the mind of another by frequent instruction or repetition; instill.
5. To remove erroneous, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material from (a book, for example) before publication.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level