Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To increase the positive charge or valence of (an element) by removing electrons.
2. To divide (a geographic area) into voting districts so as to give unfair advantage to one party in elections.
3. To renounce under oath; forswear.
4. Any of numerous natural and synthetic compounds consisting of up to millions of repeated linked units,
5. Clear to the understanding.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level