Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Unspoiled; still with its original purity; uncorrupted or unsullied
2. Having an unvarying tone or pitch
3. To build or form something by assembling parts.
4. The power to affect, control or manipulate something or someone; the ability to change the development of fluctuating things such as conduct, thoughts or decisions.
5. An attempt to deceive someone into believing that one can or will do something.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level