Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To drive away by scattering, or so to cause to vanish.
2. Formally put an end to (a system, practice, or institution)
3. Anything that may be possible; a possibility
4. Capable of doing many things competently
5. The place set for the end of a journey, or to which something is sent; place or point aimed at.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level