Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A long flat-topped fixture in a store or bank across which business is conducted with customers.
2. Representation of a concept through symbols or underlying meanings of objects or qualities.
3. Strange or mysterious, esp. in an unsettling way
4. The source or reason of an event or action
5. Paying attention; noticing, watching, listening, or attending closely.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level