Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Cheerfully confident; optimistic.
2. Lacking purpose or vitality; feeble or ineffective.
3. Of, relating to, or produced by motion.
4. To divide (a geographic area) into voting districts so as to give unfair advantage to one party in elections.
5. An advocate of the extension of political voting rights, especially to women.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level