Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Vacuously, smugly, and unconsciously foolish.
2. To insert or introduce between other elements or parts.
3. Overbearing pride or presumption; arrogance.
4. A dramatic or literary form of discourse in which a character talks to himself or herself or reveals his or her thoughts without addressing a listener.
5. A place or situation regarded as drawing into its center all that surrounds it.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level