Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Attended by favorable circumstances; propitious.
2. Something done or paid to compensate or make amends.
3. To picture falsely; misrepresent.
4. To abolish, do away with, or annul, especially by authority.
5. To separate or get rid of (an undesirable part); eliminate.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level