Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Natural ability to acquire knowledge or skill.
2. Assuming power or authority without justification; arrogant and domineering
3. Allowing light to pass through but diffusing it
4. A glowing piece of coal or wood.
5. A process of compensation for losses.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides