Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To move or swing a weapon back and forth, particularly if demonstrating skill.
2. The force or energy of a collision of two objects.
3. A gift or payment to a common fund or collection.
4. Sly; crafty; clever in surreptitious behaviour.
5. Enthusiasm; enjoyment, vigor
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides