Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Explain the meaning of (information, words, or actions)
2. To recover, especially from an illness; to get better from an illness.
3. To bump into or brush against while in motion.
4. A gift or payment to a common fund or collection.
5. To clarify or make something understandable
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level