Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The energy and strength for continuing to do something over a long period of time ; power of sustained exertion, or resistance to hardship, illness etc.
2. Emitting light; glowing brightly
3. More or most likely to be exposed to the chance of being attacked or harmed, either physically or emotionally.
4. To make clear; to free from obscurities; to brighten or illuminate.
5. To notice or view, especially carefully or with attention to detail.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level