Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Formally put an end to (a system, practice, or institution)
2. Enthusiasm; enjoyment, vigor
3. Something that impedes, stands in the way of, or holds up progress
4. The extent to which something matters; importance
5. Paying attention; noticing, watching, listening, or attending closely.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level