Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Dark, faint or indistinct.
2. The system of production and distribution and consumption.
3. Exceptional, conspicuous, outstanding, most usually in a negative fashion.
4. More than half (50%) of some group
5. Having traits or characteristics in common; alike, comparable.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides