Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. An extremely distant, and thus old, celestial object whose power output is several thousand times that of our entire galaxy.
2. An underlying base or foundation especially for an organization or system.
3. To divide (a geographic area) into voting districts so as to give unfair advantage to one party in elections.
4. Feeling or showing haughty disdain.
5. Lacking or marked by a lack of self-confidence; shy and timid.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level