Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The process in cell division by which the nucleus divides.
2. Falling off or shed at a specific season or stage of growth:
3. Quickness, accuracy, and keenness of judgment or insight.
4. Any of numerous natural and synthetic compounds consisting of up to millions of repeated linked units,
5. To abolish, do away with, or annul, especially by authority.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level