Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Full of or exhibiting servile compliance; fawning.
2. Shaking and vibration at the surface of the earth resulting from underground movement along a fault plane.
3. Deception by trickery or sophistry.
4. Having unlimited or universal power, authority, or force; all-powerful.
5. Characterized by forcefulness of expression or intensity of emotion or conviction; fervid.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level