Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To insert or introduce between other elements or parts.
2. A temple tower of the ancient Assyrians and Babylonians, having the form of a terraced pyramid of successively receding stories.
3. Physics that deals with the relationships and conversions between heat and other forms of energy.
4. Having a harmful effect; injurious.
5. To make an accusation against.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level