Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Needless repetition of the same sense in different words; redundancy.
2. Something done or paid to compensate or make amends.
3. Lacking serious purpose or occupation; idle.
4. Having a bad disposition; surly.
5. Physics that deals with the relationships and conversions between heat and other forms of energy.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level