Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A barrier constructed across a road, especially as a military defense.
2. To talk rapidly, indistinctly, or unintelligibly; to utter gibberish or nonsense.
3. Make an idea, impression, or feeling known or understandable to someone.
4. To send someone away and forbid that person from returning.
5. To make something by merging parts.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level