Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. What something does or is used for.
2. Deduce or conclude (information) from evidence and reasoning rather than from explicit statements
3. To hear a conversation one is not intended to hear; to listen in.
4. To sway back and forth; to totter or reel.
5. A bold, or arrogant strut.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level