Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Representation of a concept through symbols or underlying meanings of objects or qualities.
2. A large or dense group of insects, esp. flying ones.
3. Salty or slightly salty, as a mixture of fresh and sea water, such as that found in estuaries
4. To cause to take physical form, or to cause an object to appear.
5. Timid, fearful, overly cautious
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level