Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Either of two points on the celestial sphere at which the ecliptic intersects the celestial equator.
2. A diligent, dependable worker.
3. To modify, as by shortening or simplifying or by skewing the content in a certain manner.
4. Clear to the understanding.
5. To weaken or destroy the strength or vitality of.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level