Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The process in green plants and certain other organisms by which carbohydrates are synthesized from carbon dioxide and water using light as an energy source.
2. Something done or paid to compensate or make amends.
3. Physics that deals with the relationships and conversions between heat and other forms of energy.
4. Having a harmful effect; injurious.
5. Falling off or shed at a specific season or stage of growth:
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level