Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A large or dense group of insects, esp. flying ones.
2. To relate a story or series of events by speech or writing.
3. To make clear; to free from obscurities; to brighten or illuminate.
4. To hear a conversation one is not intended to hear; to listen in.
5. The act of inhabiting; state of inhabiting or dwelling, or of being inhabited; occupancy.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level