Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition
2. The ability to foresee or prepare wisely for the future.
3. To relate a story or series of events by speech or writing.
4. An individual step, or stage, in any process or scale of values.
5. Dark or dreary in character; joyless, and grim.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level