Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Scattered fragments, typically of something wrecked or destroyed
2. The place set for the end of a journey, or to which something is sent; place or point aimed at.
3. A gift or payment to a common fund or collection.
4. Approaching; drawing near; about to happen
5. Firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition