Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Representation of a concept through symbols or underlying meanings of objects or qualities.
2. A bold, or arrogant strut.
3. A measurement one can compare to.
4. Of a central nature, first and foremost
5. To bring down the size, quantity, value or intensity of something; to diminish, to lower, to impair.