Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The person, place or thing from which something (information, goods, etc.) comes or is acquired.
2. What something does or is used for.
3. A relationship of resemblance or equivalence between two situations, people, or objects,
4. To build or form something by assembling parts.
5. A form of acrobatic display which involves the dramatic bending and flexing of the human body.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides