Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To make sure or certain of something (usually some future event or condition).
2. Obvious or easy to notice.
3. A form of acrobatic display which involves the dramatic bending and flexing of the human body.
4. The ability to foresee or prepare wisely for the future.
5. A large or dense group of insects, esp. flying ones.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level