Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Exceptional, conspicuous, outstanding, most usually in a negative fashion.
2. To notice or view, especially carefully or with attention to detail.
3. A large or dense group of insects, esp. flying ones.
4. The quantity of motion of a moving body; the impetus gained by a moving object
5. Firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level