Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Speech or language that is incomprehensible or unintelligible; gibberish.
2. To identify by or divide into classes; to categorize.
3. To clarify or make something understandable
4. Make an idea, impression, or feeling known or understandable to someone.
5. Offensive or repulsive; arousing disgust or aversion
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level