Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Anything that may be possible; a possibility
2. Assuming power or authority without justification; arrogant and domineering
3. To drive away by scattering, or so to cause to vanish.
4. T h e r a t e o f o c c u r r e n c e o f a n y t h i n g ; t h e r e l a t i o n s h i p b e t w e e n i n c i d e n c e a n d t i m e p e r i o d .
5. What something does or is used for.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides