Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To completely engage the attention of.
2. To build or form something by assembling parts.
3. Something that impedes, stands in the way of, or holds up progress
4. Paying attention; noticing, watching, listening, or attending closely.
5. The act of inhabiting; state of inhabiting or dwelling, or of being inhabited; occupancy.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level