Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The energy and strength for continuing to do something over a long period of time ; power of sustained exertion, or resistance to hardship, illness etc.
2. Sly; crafty; clever in surreptitious behaviour.
3. So difficult or taxing as to make one exhausted; backbreaking.
4. Unspoiled; still with its original purity; uncorrupted or unsullied
5. To recover, especially from an illness; to get better from an illness.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides