Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. An inadequate amount of something; a shortage
2. So difficult or taxing as to make one exhausted; backbreaking.
3. Exceptional, conspicuous, outstanding, most usually in a negative fashion.
4. The energy and strength for continuing to do something over a long period of time ; power of sustained exertion, or resistance to hardship, illness etc.
5. Examine methodically and in detail the constitution or structure of something, esp. information.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level