Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Dark or dreary in character; joyless, and grim.
2. A feeling of contempt or scorn.
3. A state of confused and noisy disturbance
4. A process of compensation for losses.
5. Examine methodically and in detail the constitution or structure of something, esp. information.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides