Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The quantity of motion of a moving body; the impetus gained by a moving object
2. Speech or language that is incomprehensible or unintelligible; gibberish.
3. Offensive or repulsive; arousing disgust or aversion
4. Connection or association; the condition of being related.
5. Approaching; drawing near; about to happen
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level