Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To recover, especially from an illness; to get better from an illness.
2. To cause to float easily or gently through the air
3. Something that impedes, stands in the way of, or holds up progress
4. A piece of written, printed, or electronic matter that provides information or evidence or that serves as an official record.
5. Offensive or repulsive; arousing disgust or aversion
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level