Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The side of a right triangle opposite the right angle.
2. Quickness, accuracy, and keenness of judgment or insight.
3. The clear, yellowish fluid portion of blood, lymph, or intramuscular fluid in which cells are suspended.
4. A form of government in which the political authority exercises absolute and centralized control over all aspects of life,
5. An underlying base or foundation especially for an organization or system.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides