Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. An extremely distant, and thus old, celestial object whose power output is several thousand times that of our entire galaxy.
2. Deception by trickery or sophistry.
3. A product of disintegration, destruction, or wearing away; debris.
4. To impress (something) upon the mind of another by frequent instruction or repetition; instill.
5. The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level