Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The clear, yellowish fluid portion of blood, lymph, or intramuscular fluid in which cells are suspended.
2. A circular strand of DNA in bacteria that contains the hereditary information necessary for cell life.
3. A plane curve formed by the intersection of a right circular cone and a plane parallel to an element of the cone.
4. The science and technology of building electronic circuits and devices from single atoms and molecules.
5. Of, relating to, or produced by motion.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level