Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Deception by trickery or sophistry.
2. To picture falsely; misrepresent.
3. Impossible to dispute; unquestionable
4. A plane curve formed by the intersection of a right circular cone and a plane parallel to an element of the cone.
5. Characterized by forcefulness of expression or intensity of emotion or conviction; fervid.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level