Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To insert or introduce between other elements or parts.
2. To separate or get rid of (an undesirable part); eliminate.
3. Not limited to or associated with a particular religious denomination.
4. To impress (something) upon the mind of another by frequent instruction or repetition; instill.
5. A place or situation regarded as drawing into its center all that surrounds it.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level