Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To endow with the rights of citizenship, especially the right to vote.
2. A reproductive cell having the haploid number of chromosomes, especially a mature sperm or egg capable of fusing with a gamete of the opposite sex to produce the fertilized egg.
3. A sudden manifestation of the essence or meaning of something.
4. The clear, yellowish fluid portion of blood, lymph, or intramuscular fluid in which cells are suspended.
5. To show servile deference.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level