Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Cool Web Sites
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A movement or series of moves requiring skill and care
2. Unspoiled; still with its original purity; uncorrupted or unsullied
3. The quality (positive or negative) that renders something desirable or valuable
4. A form of acrobatic display which involves the dramatic bending and flexing of the human body.
5. One of the simplest or essential parts or principles of which anything consists, or upon which the constitution or fundamental powers of anything are based.