Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Cool Web Sites
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Needless repetition of the same sense in different words; redundancy.
2. Characterized by forcefulness of expression or intensity of emotion or conviction; fervid.
3. Having unlimited or universal power, authority, or force; all-powerful.
4. A circular strand of DNA in bacteria that contains the hereditary information necessary for cell life.
5. Division into ordered groups or categories.