Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To remove erroneous, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material from (a book, for example) before publication.
2. The side of a right triangle opposite the right angle.
3. Attended by favorable circumstances; propitious.
4. A reproductive cell having the haploid number of chromosomes, especially a mature sperm or egg capable of fusing with a gamete of the opposite sex to produce the fertilized egg.
5. Not limited to or associated with a particular religious denomination.