Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The throwing back by a body or surface of light, heat, or sound without absorbing it
2. To relate a story or series of events by speech or writing.
3. To hear a conversation one is not intended to hear; to listen in.
4. A piece of written, printed, or electronic matter that provides information or evidence or that serves as an official record.
5. In order of time from the earliest to the latest