Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A member of an irregular, usually indigenous military or paramilitary unit operating in small bands in occupied territory to harass and undermine the enemy
2. To move back or away from a limit, point, or mark
3. A very large and destructive wave, generally caused by a tremendous disturbance in the ocean, such as an undersea earthquake or volcanic eruption.
4. Incorrectness of reasoning or belief
5. The food-conducting tissue of vascular plants, consisting of sieve tubes, fibers, parenchyma, and sclereids.