Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A mixture of various ingredients or elements.
2. Important with regards to (a subject or matter); relevant
3. The source or reason of an event or action
4. Firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition
5. More or most likely to be exposed to the chance of being attacked or harmed, either physically or emotionally.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level