Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Salty or slightly salty, as a mixture of fresh and sea water, such as that found in estuaries
2. Formally put an end to (a system, practice, or institution)
3. The fervor or tireless devotion for a person, cause, or ideal and determination in its furtherance; diligent enthusiasm; powerful interest.
4. The dividing line or location between two areas.
5. The act of exasperating or the state of being exasperated; irritation; keen or bitter anger.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides