Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The act of exasperating or the state of being exasperated; irritation; keen or bitter anger.
2. The force or energy of a collision of two objects.
3. Having an unvarying tone or pitch
4. Of a central nature, first and foremost
5. One of the simplest or essential parts or principles of which anything consists, or upon which the constitution or fundamental powers of anything are based.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level