Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Capable of doing many things competently
2. Deduce or conclude (information) from evidence and reasoning rather than from explicit statements
3. An individual step, or stage, in any process or scale of values.
4. To bump into or brush against while in motion.
5. To sink or fall to the bottom; to settle
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides