Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Lacking purpose or vitality; feeble or ineffective.
2. A plane curve formed by the intersection of a right circular cone and a plane parallel to an element of the cone.
3. The act or process of inhaling and exhaling; breathing.
4. An advocate of the extension of political voting rights, especially to women.
5. Having unlimited or universal power, authority, or force; all-powerful.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides