Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The predominant influence, as of a state, region, or group, over another or others.
2. To separate or get rid of (an undesirable part); eliminate.
3. The basic unit of currency among participating European Union countries.
4. To seize another’s place, authority, or possession wrongfully.
5. The iron-containing respiratory pigment in red blood cells of vertebrates.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level