Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To build or form something by assembling parts.
2. Exceptional, conspicuous, outstanding, most usually in a negative fashion.
3. To exclude; to specify as being an exception.
4. The smaller number or part, esp. a number that is less than half the whole number
5. To attempt to stop the progression of.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level