Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Natural ability to acquire knowledge or skill.
2. A gift or payment to a common fund or collection.
3. Make an idea, impression, or feeling known or understandable to someone.
4. Anything that may be possible; a possibility
5. The extent to which something matters; importance
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides