Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition
2. Enthusiasm; enjoyment, vigor
3. The state of being serene; calmness; peacefulness.
4. Deduce or conclude (information) from evidence and reasoning rather than from explicit statements
5. An attempt to deceive someone into believing that one can or will do something.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level