Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Different from one another; of different kinds or sorts
2. To build or form something by assembling parts.
3. An attempt to deceive someone into believing that one can or will do something.
4. One of the simplest or essential parts or principles of which anything consists, or upon which the constitution or fundamental powers of anything are based.
5. So difficult or taxing as to make one exhausted; backbreaking.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level