Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Examine methodically and in detail the constitution or structure of something, esp. information.
2. What something does or is used for.
3. Strange or mysterious, esp. in an unsettling way
4. Dark or dreary in character; joyless, and grim.
5. Anything that may be possible; a possibility
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level