Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The iron-containing respiratory pigment in red blood cells of vertebrates.
2. Overbearing pride or presumption; arrogance.
3. The clear, yellowish fluid portion of blood, lymph, or intramuscular fluid in which cells are suspended.
4. Full of or exhibiting servile compliance; fawning.
5. The side of a right triangle opposite the right angle.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level