Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Playfully jocular; humorous
2. To modify, as by shortening or simplifying or by skewing the content in a certain manner.
3. Characterized by affected, exaggerated, or insincere earnestness.
4. Having a bad disposition; surly.
5. Physics that deals with the relationships and conversions between heat and other forms of energy.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level