Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Vanishing or likely to vanish like vapor.
2. Mournful, dismal, or gloomy, especially to an exaggerated or ludicrous degree.
3. To separate or get rid of (an undesirable part); eliminate.
4. Shaking and vibration at the surface of the earth resulting from underground movement along a fault plane.
5. Lacking purpose or vitality; feeble or ineffective.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level