Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Of a central nature, first and foremost
2. The quality (positive or negative) that renders something desirable or valuable
3. What something does or is used for.
4. To move or swing a weapon back and forth, particularly if demonstrating skill.
5. Natural ability to acquire knowledge or skill.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides