Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. T h e r a t e o f o c c u r r e n c e o f a n y t h i n g ; t h e r e l a t i o n s h i p b e t w e e n i n c i d e n c e a n d t i m e p e r i o d .
2. A process by which a task is completed; a way of doing something.
3. Capable of doing many things competently
4. To make something by merging parts.
5. An attempt to deceive someone into believing that one can or will do something.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level