Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Assuming power or authority without justification; arrogant and domineering
2. To cause to float easily or gently through the air
3. The system of production and distribution and consumption.
4. A bold, or arrogant strut.
5. Sly; crafty; clever in surreptitious behaviour.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides