Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To divide (a geographic area) into voting districts so as to give unfair advantage to one party in elections.
2. The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
3. Deception by trickery or sophistry.
4. The act or process of inhaling and exhaling; breathing.
5. Having one’s true identity concealed.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level