Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A factor that determines a range of variations; a boundary
2. To impress (something) upon the mind of another by frequent instruction or repetition; instill.
3. A product of disintegration, destruction, or wearing away; debris.
4. Something done or paid to compensate or make amends.
5. The clear, yellowish fluid portion of blood, lymph, or intramuscular fluid in which cells are suspended.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides