Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Quick and neat in action; skillful.
2. To run away with quick light steps, to scamper.
3. To build or form something by assembling parts.
4. To notice or view, especially carefully or with attention to detail.
5. To recover, especially from an illness; to get better from an illness.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level