Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Exceptional, conspicuous, outstanding, most usually in a negative fashion.
2. Having an unvarying tone or pitch
3. A thing that is granted, esp. in response to demands.
4. The quality (positive or negative) that renders something desirable or valuable
5. Speech or language that is incomprehensible or unintelligible; gibberish.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level