Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The energy and strength for continuing to do something over a long period of time ; power of sustained exertion, or resistance to hardship, illness etc.
2. To refill; to renew; to supply again or to add a fresh quantity.
3. Open resistance; bold disobedience.
4. Approaching; drawing near; about to happen
5. Connection or association; the condition of being related.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level