Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Self-confidence; poise; composure.
2. The system of production and distribution and consumption.
3. To clarify or make something understandable
4. Doubt, apprehension, a feeling of dread
5. Watchful, especially for danger or disorder; alert; wary
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level