Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Flexible, liable to change.
2. A gift or payment to a common fund or collection.
3. The energy and strength for continuing to do something over a long period of time ; power of sustained exertion, or resistance to hardship, illness etc.
4. A process by which a task is completed; a way of doing something.
5. A feeling of contempt or scorn.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides