Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. An individual step, or stage, in any process or scale of values.
2. Important with regards to (a subject or matter); relevant
3. Quick and neat in action; skillful.
4. To attempt to stop the progression of.
5. The fervor or tireless devotion for a person, cause, or ideal and determination in its furtherance; diligent enthusiasm; powerful interest.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level