Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Self-confidence; poise; composure.
2. To make clear; to free from obscurities; to brighten or illuminate.
3. Open resistance; bold disobedience.
4. A long flat-topped fixture in a store or bank across which business is conducted with customers.
5. A movement or series of moves requiring skill and care
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides