Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Having one’s true identity concealed.
2. To make an accusation against.
3. Physics that deals with the relationships and conversions between heat and other forms of energy.
4. A dramatic or literary form of discourse in which a character talks to himself or herself or reveals his or her thoughts without addressing a listener.
5. To insert or introduce between other elements or parts.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides