Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The clear, yellowish fluid portion of blood, lymph, or intramuscular fluid in which cells are suspended.
2. The side of a right triangle opposite the right angle.
3. A place or situation regarded as drawing into its center all that surrounds it.
4. Having unlimited or universal power, authority, or force; all-powerful.
5. To proceed completely around:
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level