Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A circular strand of DNA in bacteria that contains the hereditary information necessary for cell life.
2. The art or study of correct spelling according to established usage.
3. To bring under control; conquer.
4. The science and technology of building electronic circuits and devices from single atoms and molecules.
5. To make an accusation against.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level