Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The iron-containing respiratory pigment in red blood cells of vertebrates.
2. To certify or attest to (the validity of a signature on a document, for example) as a notary public.
3. Lacking purpose or vitality; feeble or ineffective.
4. Playfully jocular; humorous
5. Needless repetition of the same sense in different words; redundancy.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level