Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Having a harmful effect; injurious.
2. Falling off or shed at a specific season or stage of growth:
3. An underlying base or foundation especially for an organization or system.
4. A doctrine holding that all values are baseless and that nothing can be known or communicated.
5. A place or situation regarded as drawing into its center all that surrounds it.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level