Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Clear to the understanding.
2. To abolish, do away with, or annul, especially by authority.
3. To impress (something) upon the mind of another by frequent instruction or repetition; instill.
4. A reproductive cell having the haploid number of chromosomes, especially a mature sperm or egg capable of fusing with a gamete of the opposite sex to produce the fertilized egg.
5. Of, relating to, or produced by motion.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level