Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To refill; to renew; to supply again or to add a fresh quantity.
2. A process of compensation for losses.
3. An assemblage or display; a gathering, collection of people or things.
4. Allowing light to pass through but diffusing it
5. Make an idea, impression, or feeling known or understandable to someone.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level