Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To bring down the size, quantity, value or intensity of something; to diminish, to lower, to impair.
2. One of the simplest or essential parts or principles of which anything consists, or upon which the constitution or fundamental powers of anything are based.
3. The brink of a dangerous situation.
4. To cause to take physical form, or to cause an object to appear.
5. In order of time from the earliest to the latest
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level