Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The quality (positive or negative) that renders something desirable or valuable
2. The quantity of motion of a moving body; the impetus gained by a moving object
3. Explain the meaning of (information, words, or actions)
4. A state of confused and noisy disturbance
5. Important with regards to (a subject or matter); relevant
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides