Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A glowing piece of coal or wood.
2. The act of inhabiting; state of inhabiting or dwelling, or of being inhabited; occupancy.
3. To run away with quick light steps, to scamper.
4. The smaller number or part, esp. a number that is less than half the whole number
5. Dark, faint or indistinct.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level