Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Watchful, especially for danger or disorder; alert; wary
2. The energy and strength for continuing to do something over a long period of time ; power of sustained exertion, or resistance to hardship, illness etc.
3. Existing or occurring at the moment.
4. Strange or mysterious, esp. in an unsettling way
5. The line that bounds a circle or other two-dimensional figure.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level