Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Exceptional, conspicuous, outstanding, most usually in a negative fashion.
2. A mixture of various ingredients or elements.
3. The act of exasperating or the state of being exasperated; irritation; keen or bitter anger.
4. Different from one another; of different kinds or sorts
5. Having traits or characteristics in common; alike, comparable.
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level