Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Having one’s true identity concealed.
2. Falling off or shed at a specific season or stage of growth:
3. Something done or paid to compensate or make amends.
4. The use of unnecessarily wordy and indirect language.
5. The use of obstructionist tactics, especially prolonged speechmaking, for the purpose of delaying legislative action.
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level