Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A stock of terms used in a particular profession, subject, or style; a vocabulary:
2. Lacking social polish; tactless.
3. A form of government in which the political authority exercises absolute and centralized control over all aspects of life,
4. To renounce under oath; forswear.
5. Characterized by forcefulness of expression or intensity of emotion or conviction; fervid.
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level