Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Not limited to or associated with a particular religious denomination.
2. To bring under control; conquer.
3. To abolish, do away with, or annul, especially by authority.
4. A product of disintegration, destruction, or wearing away; debris.
5. Lacking social polish; tactless.
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level