Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Exhibiting guilty or evasive secrecy.
2. Emitting light; glowing brightly
3. The smaller number or part, esp. a number that is less than half the whole number
4. Disappointingly inadequate; gloomy and bleak.
5. The fervor or tireless devotion for a person, cause, or ideal and determination in its furtherance; diligent enthusiasm; powerful interest.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level