Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To recover, especially from an illness; to get better from an illness.
2. An individual step, or stage, in any process or scale of values.
3. Firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition
4. The place set for the end of a journey, or to which something is sent; place or point aimed at.
5. Important with regards to (a subject or matter); relevant
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level