Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To identify by or divide into classes; to categorize.
2. Emitting light; glowing brightly
3. Paying attention; noticing, watching, listening, or attending closely.
4. Salty or slightly salty, as a mixture of fresh and sea water, such as that found in estuaries
5. Firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level