Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Sly; crafty; clever in surreptitious behaviour.
2. To make clear; to free from obscurities; to brighten or illuminate.
3. To send someone away and forbid that person from returning.
4. Formally put an end to (a system, practice, or institution)
5. To talk rapidly, indistinctly, or unintelligibly; to utter gibberish or nonsense.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level