Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. So difficult or taxing as to make one exhausted; backbreaking.
2. Unspoiled; still with its original purity; uncorrupted or unsullied
3. The force or energy of a collision of two objects.
4. The power to affect, control or manipulate something or someone; the ability to change the development of fluctuating things such as conduct, thoughts or decisions.
5. To send someone away and forbid that person from returning.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level