Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The fervor or tireless devotion for a person, cause, or ideal and determination in its furtherance; diligent enthusiasm; powerful interest.
2. What something does or is used for.
3. A movement or series of moves requiring skill and care
4. Deduce or conclude (information) from evidence and reasoning rather than from explicit statements
5. To build or form something by assembling parts.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level