Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Offensive or repulsive; arousing disgust or aversion
2. Quick and neat in action; skillful.
3. The short term state of the atmosphere at a specific time and place, including the temperature, humidity, cloud cover, precipitation, wind, etc.
4. To refill; to renew; to supply again or to add a fresh quantity.
5. To notice or view, especially carefully or with attention to detail.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level