Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Brief, concise, to the point.
2. Firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition
3. The power to affect, control or manipulate something or someone; the ability to change the development of fluctuating things such as conduct, thoughts or decisions.
4. To follow a winding course
5. A process by which a task is completed; a way of doing something.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level