Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A product of disintegration, destruction, or wearing away; debris.
2. Government by a few, especially by a small faction of persons or families.
3. Interchanged, given, or owed to each other.
4. Full of or exhibiting servile compliance; fawning.
5. To remove erroneous, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material from (a book, for example) before publication.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level