Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The process in green plants and certain other organisms by which carbohydrates are synthesized from carbon dioxide and water using light as an energy source.
2. An advocate of the extension of political voting rights, especially to women.
3. Government by a few, especially by a small faction of persons or families.
4. Of or relating to a holding of something in trust for another.
5. A doctrine holding that all values are baseless and that nothing can be known or communicated.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level