Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Overbearing pride or presumption; arrogance.
2. Characterized by affected, exaggerated, or insincere earnestness.
3. Any of numerous natural and synthetic compounds consisting of up to millions of repeated linked units,
4. To picture falsely; misrepresent.
5. Something done or paid to compensate or make amends.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level