Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The use of obstructionist tactics, especially prolonged speechmaking, for the purpose of delaying legislative action.
2. The use of unnecessarily wordy and indirect language.
3. To divide (a geographic area) into voting districts so as to give unfair advantage to one party in elections.
4. A reproductive cell having the haploid number of chromosomes, especially a mature sperm or egg capable of fusing with a gamete of the opposite sex to produce the fertilized egg.
5. The science and technology of building electronic circuits and devices from single atoms and molecules.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level