Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To remove erroneous, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material from (a book, for example) before publication.
2. To seize another’s place, authority, or possession wrongfully.
3. A temple tower of the ancient Assyrians and Babylonians, having the form of a terraced pyramid of successively receding stories.
4. To certify or attest to (the validity of a signature on a document, for example) as a notary public.
5. The act or process of inhaling and exhaling; breathing.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level