Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Very talkative; garrulous.
2. Not limited to or associated with a particular religious denomination.
3. Impossible to dispute; unquestionable
4. A factor that determines a range of variations; a boundary
5. A reproductive cell having the haploid number of chromosomes, especially a mature sperm or egg capable of fusing with a gamete of the opposite sex to produce the fertilized egg.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level