Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. An extremely distant, and thus old, celestial object whose power output is several thousand times that of our entire galaxy.
2. The clear, yellowish fluid portion of blood, lymph, or intramuscular fluid in which cells are suspended.
3. Not limited to or associated with a particular religious denomination.
4. A sudden manifestation of the essence or meaning of something.
5. To proceed completely around:
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level