Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Attended by favorable circumstances; propitious.
2. The side of a right triangle opposite the right angle.
3. Interchanged, given, or owed to each other.
4. A temple tower of the ancient Assyrians and Babylonians, having the form of a terraced pyramid of successively receding stories.
5. A sudden manifestation of the essence or meaning of something.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level